tecra a2 failed firmware for CD/DVD drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newotosh, Feb 15, 2005.

1. newotosh

newotosh Private E-2

Hello,

Im having problems with my laptop. Before booting IDE#1 error occurs and it wont recognise the CD/DVD rom Drive. It wont even read a disc. recently a friend updated the firmware of the hardware and i think that it had the wrong update. Although, right after the update, i was able to watch a DVD film but after re-starting my computer, the IDE #1 error happened then the Drive would not respond totally. Is there any solution to this or will my CD/DVD rom drive still work after this?

2. newotosh

newotosh Private E-2

In continuation these are the specs of the firmware:

Toshiba SD-R2512- my drive
    used the latest update 1A08
    Patched with XA08 RPC-1

Also is there any way that i could get restore my old firmware?

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

to get your old firmware you would have to goto toshibas site and see if they have the old firmware up for youto dl and flash it with that ... however I would try out the drive at your friends house to see if it works in his computer - if it is even compatible

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds