Netgear problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kerblam, Feb 16, 2005.

1. kerblam

kerblam Private E-2

Hello everyone

Right I am haveing some difficulties with my netgear DG834G router. I have three PC's at home that connect to the internet thorugh a netgear router. But sometimes for some unknown reason, when we first start up are PC's we cant connect. The only way I can resolve this is to log onto the netgear and reboot the router.

The problem with this is that it happens rather frequently. Has anyone else have or had this problem? I dont know where to start. :rolleyes:

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Are you having this problem with wireless connections to the router, or both wired and wireless? What brand wireless and/or wired NICs are you using?

3. kerblam

kerblam Private E-2

I updated my netgear router with file DG834G V1.04.01.img like you said. And since then It's been fine. But I get a nastey feeling it's gonna rear it's ugly head and spam me when I least expect it.

And They are all connected by wire. An RJ something :p They where connected by wireless, but then changed to wire hoping to resolve the problem.

Its a shame about Netgear. I always had a good opinion of them. It looks like a lot of people are haveing problems with there products :mad:

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

The only issue I have ever had with any Netgear equipment was wireless connectivity to Intel Centrino notebooks-- a known issue at the time. A firmware upgrade solved it, and I have had no other trouble, either before or since.

5. kerblam

kerblam Private E-2

Problem sloved! No more connections boming out on me :)

Thanks for everyone who posted and helped.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds