Keep getting discnnected, know the problem but cant get rid of it!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moonfog, Feb 17, 2005.

1. moonfog

moonfog Private E-2

hi, i run WINXP and wireless internet, i have this problem where i try to connect to the internet, surfing for about 2 minutes and then am unable to load anymore pages, dont get disconnected exactly, but the pages do not load. I dont know how i discovered the problem but i had already done the spyware procedure thing on this site correctly but discovered a file called BGL.EXE in the task manager, as soon as i delete it, i am able to surf the internet again. For me its not that big a deal as i just delete it everytime, but my dad is real dumb and i hate it when he wakes me up from bed to make me keep fixing problems...
    The thing is, after every reboot, the file comes back and i am unable to delete it permanently, can anyone help? thanks.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Have you got a firewall on the computer as well as the wireless router?
    I find this on my laptop when I'm quite far away from my router, so I use the repair network connection option by double clicking the network icon in the taskbar then the support tab - it could help.

3. moonfog

moonfog Private E-2

thanks for the suggestion but im not using a router, plus when i try to repair network connection, always says its unable to... any other suggestions?

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Can you try reinstalling your network drivers, see if that makes any difference?
    Also, have you got SP2 installed, as I found this helped me with my wireless internet alot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds