How Do You Install A SATA Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThisChick, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Ok I got this new Seagate 160gb SATA Drive. Now My question is how would I go about installing it without loading up the drivers to a floppy drive? Cause the thing is that I don't have a floppy drive. I hope someone could help me with this one...

Thankyou

Pam

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

the only way I know of doing that is making an unattended install disc and slipstreaming the drivers into the windows install ... and trust me that going to the store and buying a FDD is alot easier:D

3. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

I tried to slipstreaming it but I found it confusing. I used this website to guide me, http://forums.hexus.net/printthread.php?t=20748. But he only does it for his type of motherboard. Mine is a AsRock P4V88. So I get lost.....I hope someone could help me slipstream mine....:(

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

i tried slipstreaming my drivers into my install but when I finally installed my computer was very unstable ... and I used nLite which does everything automatically ... and that was with mobo/graphics/sound etc .. not SATA drivers .. I read a thread with someone with the same board as me explaining how to slipstream the SATA drivers (in great detail and they were very good instructions) ... but again trust me .. it will save you more than two headaches just buying a FDD

5. tentpeg

tentpeg Private E-2

I've spent many an hour playin and in the end bought a FDD for £6 and job done. Remenber you don'y have to leave it in the case once the drivers are loaded so you can even borrow one if needed.

6. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

Never Mind I Figure it out And I didn't Need a Floppy Drive After All. I did my search and I figure out how to Make a Bootable Windows XP with SP2 and my SATA drives intergrated. I will post my own explanation about the how I got the information and how it's done on my website later. Thankyou all for those who tried....

pampam..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds