Graphics Driver Problems-prolly an ez answer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by czbsoccer, Feb 19, 2005.

1. czbsoccer

czbsoccer Private E-2

OK im trying to install a VGA Radeon 9600 on Windows XP. So first it tells me to go get a vga driver downloaded from viaarena.com I go there and the driver I need tells me to put it in the same folder where I keep other drivers. I thought that meant C:/WINDOWS/System32/drivers am i wrong? Everytime I try to install the graphics card it says " Inf Error. Video driver not found. Setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup" Btw yes I did disable and remove my original graphics driver (intell graphics driver)

Please Help ^^

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

All the ATI cards use the same driver. The Catalyst driver which you can get from www.ati.com. And you can just run the installer that came with it to set it up. I wouldn't worry about the other driver it's telling you to get. It's going to be some third party driver, which is most likely some hacked version of the catalyst driver. Just get the real thing and you'll be fine.

3. czbsoccer

czbsoccer Private E-2

Ummmm anytime I try to install the ati driver it says i first need a standard VGA driver. Any Idea where I get one of those for Windows XP?

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

When you install the card the first box you should see on boot will say windows has found new hardware standard vga adapter let windows search for the driver it should find it.
    Then install your card driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds