Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pculp13, Feb 19, 2005.

1. pculp13

pculp13 Private E-2

I hope I am not posting in the wrong place. I am not sure what is wrong with my monitor. I have an emachine model W2888 with a CRT monitor. I turned on computer this morning and all was ok I went out to feed my dogs came in and there was a black line about 2 inches wide running the entire length of the screen on the right side. I tried to adjust the screen so the line was not so bad and did get it better but then the line kept coming back. Right now it is gone but every once in awhile it returns.
    I have no idea if I need to update my drivers or if the monitor is defective or some other problem is causing this since I am computer savy I tried to check for drivers on emachine's web site but my computer model number was not listed.
    I bought this computer in july when I turned it on and installed my virus program it showed the computer had a virus already in it. I finally removed the virus after I installed my DSL and got online and found how to remove it and except for a defective mouse which I emailed the company about and never got a response I have had no problems with the computer I wish I had not bought it but I did so I am stuck with it. I could not find any help on emachines web page even the form to email for help does not work and by the time the tech support phone people come to work I will have to go to work so won't even be able to call them today would anyone know what my problem might be ( other then I was a fool to buy the computer in the first place ) for the moment the line is gone but I know it will return. I use this computer for nothing but email and browsing online I do not play games on it or anything like that so I have no idea what in the heck is wrong.
    Thanks
    Pamm :rolleyes:

2. pculp13

pculp13 Private E-2

I forgot to mention this line moves and is not a solid line it appears to vibrate or something like that.
    Pamm

3. DaveMan

DaveMan Private E-2

It should'nt be your computer. If there's a line through the screen, and it twitches, that would be the monitors problem. Either its deffective or u put something on top of the moniter that has magnets in it, for example speakers.
    thats all I know.

4. Verig

Verig Private E-2

What do you mean by adjusting? If it's caused by interference from other electric/magnetic devices, as it sounds like, then adjusting your screen should have no effect... except if you make it so dark that you can't see it anymore. ;)

Check that there's nothing magnetic too close and you could also try to route your vga cable so that it doesn't go near anything that might cause the interference - the monitor itself included, if the cable's not properly shielded routing it just next to the monitor may corrupt the picture. Connecting your monitor straight to the wall instead of a powerstrip may have a positive effect as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds