soundMAX sounds TINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cherubashe, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Cherubashe

Cherubashe Private E-2

i have the soundMAX sound card in my Dell and when i play music on Windows Media Player and try to burn CD's it sound very metallic.. How do I optimize the use of this card I.E. drivers, software and so on.... any help is greatly appreciated

2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

use the equalizer, update the drivers :)
    have good speakers (no, the speakers dell 'give' you aren't good.)

3. Cherubashe

Cherubashe Private E-2

I dont know were the equalizer is

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

the one for your soundcard should be in the controls for your soundcard, you know the menu where you can set what speakers you have etc.
    windows media player is crap imo, but it does have an equalizer, somewhere, I don't know where either, I use either WinAmp or Foobar2000

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Can you try it with a pair of headphones?

If I didn't know better I'd say it was trying to send a balanced signal to an unbalanced input, but that can't be the case since you're using standard stereo jacks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds