file rtl70.bpl error 126

Discussion in 'Software' started by dennis48187, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

I am confused, what does this mean?
    The complete error message is:

cannot find inport;DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
    file "rtl70.bpl". error 126

I have run the latest spy bot, adware

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

It would be a lot more helpful if you explained which application is giving you this message and when it occurs.

I would guess that RTL stands for Run Time Library. Does this have anything to do with malware problems.

3. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

I agree that this error message is confusing.
    I recieve the error message anytime I go online.

4. chaslang

How do you go online? Do you mean when you run a web browser? Which web browser or is it with any web browser?

5. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

I use internet explorer, I am subscribed to comcast.net cable isp

6. chaslang

Do you use Delphi? A search seems to be indicating that file is related to Delphi.

7. chaslang

Let's see if there are any malware issues at work here!

- Run ALL the steps in this Sticky thread READ ME FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT: Basic Spyware, Trojan And Virus RemovalMake sure you check version numbers and get all updates.

- Very Important: Make sure you tell us the results from running the tutorial...was anything found? Were you unable to complete any of the scans?...Were you unable to download any of the tools?...Did you do the on-line scans as suggested? etc.

After doing ALL of the above you still have a problem:

- Download HijackThis 1.99.1

- Unzip the hijackthis.exe file to a folder you create named C:\Program Files\HJT

- Do NOT run Hijack This from the Desktop, a temp folder, or a sub-folder of C:\Documents and Settings, or choose to run it directly from the downloaded ZIP file.

- Before running HijackThis: You must close each of the following:your web browser, e-mail client, instant messenger, and programs like notepad, wordpad, MS Word etc. And any other unnecessary running programs.

- Run HijackThis and save your log file.

- Post your log as an ATTACHMENT to your next message. (Do NOT copy/paste the log into your post).

8. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

What is Delphi? I seen the relationship to the error message and Delphi before I loged on

9. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

Attached is the latest Hijackthis.log as an attachment.

Attached Files:

10. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

Should I resubmit to a different forum?

11. chaslang

Patience please! We don't work here! And this is a very busy place.

If you are using WinXP or WinMe, make sure you have system restore disabled (per the tutorial).
    For all OS types, make sure viewing of hidden files is enabled (per the tutorial).
    Run HijackThis and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now:
    O2 - BHO: XNetIEObj Class - {1808648B-3102-4293-8AD3-06AF71D3321B} - C:\Program Files\Endeavors\AppExpress\bho_2_5_5_17070\bho.dll (file missing)
    O16 - DPF: {AF087E66-838E-4A97-8A0B-0DDDA5DEA239} (OTAutoInstall Class) - https://streaming.endeavors.com/microsoft/imaging/clientdownloads/OTAI.CAB
    After clicking Fix, exit HJT.

Now reboot in normal mode and tell me if you still get that error message when going online.

This is what Delphi is: http://www.borland.com/delphi/

12. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

I still receive the same error message. I reboted my system per your instructions and the error message poped up before before going online. Two questions;
    1. Since I am on a cable ISP does that matter?
    2. Do you need a new HiJackThis log?

Thank you

13. chaslang

It more than likely has nothing to do with a cable ISP. No I do not need another HJT log. There really was nothing else in your log to help with this. You probably need to discuss this in the Software Forum. There are loads of links you can Google on that error but they do not appear to be malware related.

I going to move this into the Software Forum.

14. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

Thank you,

15. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

16. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

rtl70.bpl is a Borland Delphi 7 Runtime Library it should reside in your WINDOWS/System 32 directory along with along with vcl70.bpl.

Finding the Delphi 7 Runtime installer is proving difficult, be patient. I may just find the installer.

17. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

18. Shadow_Puter_Dude

dennis48187, I am going to back up here a little, earlier in the thread, chaslang asked
    When you say go online do you mean when you open Internet Explorer. If so, this is an IE problem. What was the last software installation you did that wanted to install a BHO to IE?

19. Shadow_Puter_Dude

This is the Borland Delphi 7 Package Installer.

This is an installer that will put three files, rtl70.bpl, vcl70.bpl, and vclx70.bpl, in your System directory. These files are needed for Programs built with Delphi 7.

Download INSTALLER ,unzip, follow prompts.

Tell me if this solved your problem.

20. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

As I mentioned in one of the threads, When I reboot my system. The error message pops up and when I go online
    I also get the error message.

21. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Have you installed the Delphi 7 runtime yet.

rtl70.bpl is a Borland Package Library. It is the Delphi Runtime Library version 7. Simply put, it is the runtime dll for programs that were written and complied using Borland Delphi 7. If it is not on your system then you will get an error message when programs run that are dependent on the runtime. You need that file plus the 2 others that are installed by the installer.

Then see if the problem goes away.

22. dennis48187

dennis48187 Private E-2

I ran the installer and the error message went away.

Thank you
    P.S.
    Is it from experience, but how does one discover the problem?

23. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Partly experience, mostly research. I have spent many years working with Microsoft Systems, and others before MS became a force in the OS world. It is mostly having the patience to research the problem. And spending the time to find things on the internet. I found that particular installer in a Never Winter Nights forum. Error 126 is a general error message and the problem is almost always a missing dll.

24. adzlotus

adzlotus Private E-2

25. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Glad, I could help.

26. lamirre

lamirre Private E-2

I have the same problem. Everytime I''ll go online (with internet explorer; home.nl) the same message appears. Besides there are appearing new problems: can't visit some websides anymore; also login at hotmail gives problems.

27. Shadow_Puter_Dude

cannot find inport;DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file
    "rtl70.bpl". error 126

rtl70.bpl is a Borland Package Library. It is the Delphi Runtime Library version 7. Simply put, it is the runtime dll for programs that were written and complied using Borland Delphi 7. If it is not on your system then you will get an error message when programs run that are dependent on the runtime.

Download and run the Borland Delphi 7 Package Installer. This is an installer that will put three files, rtl70.bpl, vcl70.bpl, and vclx70.bpl, in your System directory.

If you are still having problems with IE. Follow the instructions in this sticky:
    READ ME FIRST BEFORE ASKING FOR SUPPORT: Basic Spyware, Trojan And Virus Removal. Post the results, if any, back in the Spyware Specific Forum.

28. lamirre

lamirre Private E-2

access denied when I try the installer

29. Shadow_Puter_Dude

30. lamirre

lamirre Private E-2

Thank you, sofar. I had to download your list with anti-spywareprograms etc. The error 126 has gone, but now there is a new problem:
    Spyware Doctor says everytime I start or close down the pc:
    Access violation at address 0227296 D in module 'bhomonitor.dll'
    Read of adress 0000001A

31. Shadow_Puter_Dude

32. adzlotus

adzlotus Private E-2

go to start-run-msconfig . click on startup, have a look to see if spyware doctor is there, if it is untick it and reeboot. It will have gone!

33. Shadow_Puter_Dude

No it isn't gone, it just isn't loaded at startup. Why would lamirre want to do that, Spyware Doctor is being used by lamirre. The issue is getting the dll error corrected. Not using a workaround to keep it from being loaded at startup.

34. lamirre

lamirre Private E-2

Help! File rtl70 error 126 is back again. Besides I couldn't use the link Microsoft RegClean. Couldn't unzip.
    It looks as if there are more problems coming.
    So I tried several possibilities:
    With Spy sweep and Pest Patrol I detect WebSearchBar/Coolwebsearch. It comes back everyt time when it has been deleted. The problem detected by Spyware Doctor is also still there. :confused:

35. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds