How loud is stock cooling?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Farseer21, May 26, 2005.

1. Farseer21

Farseer21 Private E-2

Hello,

I have recently bought a new computer with an amd 64 bit 3200+ cpu.
    My box make a lot of noise and it drives me insane. All id like to know is how loud amd 64 bit stock cooling runs?

Oh and another question ive got psu fan, 2 case fans, cpu hsf (duh) and fan on gfx card. Which one of these would make the most noise? Im pretty sure im right in saying the HSF does but id just like some one elses opinion
    cus i cud be wrong.
    Thanks guys

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

VERY LOUD,my 3500 stock fan started getting so loud as summer came,you could hear it 2 rooms away through 2 closed doors,it was because of poor ventilation in my case,the fan was screeming tryin to keep the cpu cool,so I installed this the akasa ak859 "note the shavings of plastic from my case"
    It keeps it cooler than the stock fan at about 24db compared to about 48db for the stock fan at full speed thats about 5 times louder,it is by far the loudest part of your comp,if you improve case flow the fan should slow down itself.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds