DVD driver help

Discussion in 'Software' started by pirateninjagraf, Jun 28, 2005.

1. pirateninjagraf

pirateninjagraf Private E-2

i had to reformat my computer, and could not reinstall the default laptop os that sony sent with it that had all the drivers for everything it had built in. I have all the drivers now exept for 1. it wasn't on the sony site for my laptop and i managed to find 1 for this specific drive but it doesn't work.

The drive is a DVD-R/-RW Toshiba SD-R6012.

It reads cds but it cannot burn cds. It cannot read dvd's, it says that it is not a dvd drive. It cannot write dvd's but i never got it to before anyways.

When i try to install the Toshiba SD-R6012 driver i found i get an error saying
    "Could not be found CD-Drive for this program."

I need to be able to watch dvd's on my laptop by friday because im going on a long trip. Any help would be very apprechiated.

sorry for any typos.

2. catbro6166

catbro6166 Corporal

Well you have a problem no matter how many of the drivers you get the laptop wont work without the recovery cds if I were you I would logon to the manufacturer and get them next day aired often they are not expensive but I have been there nothing works without them they have drivers and software specific to chipsets bios peripherals and such. proprietary crap got to love it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds