What windows?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mushroomcloud, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Mushroomcloud

Mushroomcloud Private E-2

I have just finished building a computer for a family on little income, and we now have a choice of operating systems. The family will have the computer set up for multiple users. As i've only used XP Pro on all my computers, i have no idea about XP Home's limitations. Could someone tell me, will XP Home allow independent display settings that will not alter the other users settings? One of the family is a little short sighted, and another has the vision of a bald eagle, so both require separate settings. Because of the low income, i have to get it right first time. The Home xp option would be better, but not without this control of the display

2. catbro6166

catbro6166 Corporal

Yes xp pro just comes with more advanced networking and office related stuff not much different one users specifics do not go to the other

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You can probably buy an upgrade to XP Pro for the same price as an upgrade to XP Home. I am only learning XP, but XP Pro has backup program built in, XP Home does not. If that is important to you, although you can install the backup program in XP Home. You can do an upgrade on a fresh install as long as you have a genuine M$ OS CD so that the upgrade can recognise that you have had Windows previously.

Adrynalyne, for one, if he reads this, can expand on the differences between XP Home and XP Pro. Bazza
    ===

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks, Halo. I knew someone would provide info, or a link.;) :D Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds