registry problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by robbob, Jun 29, 2005.

1. robbob

robbob Private E-2

i'm getting popups ("windows messenger") that tell me i have registry problems and these all recommend some web site... they are all similar and all cost $$ to fix the registry... i have no doubt i have a problem.... is there free ware that actually repairs the registry ?? if not, please recommend one.. Robbob

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

3. robbob

robbob Private E-2

4. Slipstream

Slipstream Private E-2

run adaware se personal, spybot search and destroy, and norton antivirus 2005 with the newest definitions. that should do it.

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Use RegSeeker to clean out your registry, after you do all the instructions slipstream and theefools told you to do.

controlmind

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  6. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

This is definately a worm. I've personally dealt with it before and it infects your pc because you connected to the internet without a firewall enabled and without all of the windows updates applied. You need to post this in the spyware specific forum for the best help.

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Which is why I posted my first reply. This sounds like some type of maleware.

Post in the spyware forum to be sure you are clean, then come back to this part of the forum, once we know you are clean of infestations.....

:)

Note:

This isn't aimed at capn_caveman, but at the original poster. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds