I ran just ran Norton Virus Scan...

Discussion in 'Software' started by sevegunter, Jun 29, 2005.

1. sevegunter

sevegunter Private E-2

After running Norton Virus Scan, it found a few viruses that could not be repaired. It suggested that I delete them, so I did. However, now when Windows loads up there are no icons or start button, just a blue screen. What should I do? I can't reinstall Windows because I lost the cd. Can someone help and quick?

BTW, I am only able to get on the internet to post this because of my laptop.

Thanks!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

What happens if you try to boot up into safe mode?

Or what happens if you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, does the task manager appear (as in when you boot normally)?

3. tblue

tblue Corporal

Hi sevegunter,
    Sounds like you have some malware issues. Have you seen the below link in the Spyware Forum. Its a good place to start. If you cant get online with the infected pc you could burn some of the progams to a cd and load them on the infected computer. Hope this helps :D
    Good Luck,
    T.Blue

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

4. sevegunter

sevegunter Private E-2

Theefol:
    1. I can boot in safe mode.
    2. Ctrl, Alt, Delete does bring up the task manager

Tblue:
    1. This computer was infested. I have already run the majority of those programs. I have been cleaning house, so to speak

What next?

Thanks!

5. sevegunter

sevegunter Private E-2

Should I just create a new user? Would that work?

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds