taskbar too big

Discussion in 'Software' started by tlonder, Jul 2, 2005.

1. tlonder

tlonder Private E-2

Hi Everyone and Happy (looooong) 4th of July Weekend.

I'm on the road right now heading to Roswell, NM. There's a UFO convention there and we thought it would be fun to go see.

One of my computers is a Toshiba Portege tablet laptop. Screen "real estate" is at a premium for me - the screen is small so anything I can do to save space is important. The taskbar is too tall. The icons are large which makes the bar too tall. The "start" button has space below it about the size of the button. I've tried for a couple of weeks to find any adjustments to run "small" icons in the task bar, but no luck so far. I'm pretty sure that at one time the icons were small (and the taskbar took up less real estate). The first person that gives me the correct answer to fix this (and maybe the 2nd & 3rd) will recieve an email photo from Roswell of the most outrageous thing that I see there (ought to be some contenders for that LOL). I'm not sure that replies will get forwarded to me at my regular email adress so I'm going to publish my spare email address too: tlonder@yahoo.com.

Thanks friiends. Tom

2. tlonder

tlonder Private E-2

Thanks. To all: I should have mentioned it - I am using Windows XP SP2. The task bar was not locked. When I "pull it down" the next stop is 'disappear'. Or I can pull it up and it's huge. In the least wasteful position it's too big. I think it's the program icons to the left on the taskbar. If you want a Roswell picture (for trying!) I'd be happy to send it. Tom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds