Cannot delete CommandosBeyondCallDutySetup-dm

Discussion in 'Software' started by kddarkoh, Jul 2, 2005.

1. kddarkoh

kddarkoh Private E-2

I downloaded it to try it out and after I discovered it wldn't run in WinXP the setup file won't delete. The error message says the program is in use by me or another person. I tried startingup in safe mode and then deleting it but I get the same error message.

2. yzendoorn

yzendoorn Private E-2

I have the same problem. Does anyone have an answer to this??

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I downloaded it to try it out and after I discovered it wldn't run in WinXP the setup file won't delete. kddarkoh <<

Whenever I come across any file [or folder] which will not delete; or gives error messages when I try to get rid of it, I use the freeware utility called "Unlocker" which (once installed) adds an explorer extension that allows the user - with a simple right-click of the mouse on a file or folder - to get rid of those pesky error messages and then proceed to delete that file or folder either immediately or upon rebooting your computer.

The most current version of "Unlocker" is available here at Major Geeks and will delete most locked files [and most folders as well] which produce error messages when you try to delete them. According to the developer, Unlocker only works with WinXP and Win2000.

Important Note:
    Use great caution whenever deleting files and folders that you are unfamiliar with. Deleting "unknown" files; particularly 'system related' files - can cause havoc on your system - later on down the line.

As a precaution always make sure to Create a System Restore Point before you delete any unknown files or and folders and especially whenever you are considering downloading and then installing any new programs or utilities onto your computer. This will allow you to return your computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to downloading.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds