help programming

Discussion in 'Software' started by stiched, Jul 2, 2005.

1. stiched

stiched Private First Class

basicly, im planning to learn to do basic programming, i have no idea where to start and what to do. i wondered if anyone could tell me about what different types of proramming there is and how useful it would be to me!, i would like to keep things basic as possible and a few links wouljd be nice too!,

thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

lets take a step back and ask ourselves.. what most interests you?
    Do you want to make games?
    Do you want to make desktop applications
    Do you want to make web applications / sites
    Do you want to work with databases

3. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Maybe that too advanced for you. heres what i would suggest
    Learn the basics of any language thats commonly used today
    C++ Java and Visual basic might be good places to start
    Personaly. i chose C++
    C++ there is a lot of Standard Language to learn. A good book on how to use the language i found was Accelerated C++. Google it for an ISBN.
    Now. i have some experience with C++ so i have started to move on to more complicated things. Right now i am used a Library called the Simple Directmedia Layer. Which lets me do things like make 2d graphics. Simplifies sound output and getting input from devices.
    If i wanted to i could find other libraries to help me use databased or whatever else my task requires.

I have meddled with VB6.0 and you can do quite a lot with it. but i dislike coding it because , personaly i'm at a point where i want to develope more skills. and i am Focusing more on OO designs. so i do a lot of c++ or PHP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds