0x800CCC90 error in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by thejaguar, Jul 3, 2005.

1. thejaguar

thejaguar Private E-2

Outlook Express worked great for years. Now changed to new ISP and now I get this message every time I try to send/recieve.
    Have rung ISP and Micresoft for help and they claim all is how it should be.
    I would be so gratful for help.

Pentium III
    866MHz
    320 RAM
    Win XP SP2

Edward

2. thejaguar

thejaguar Private E-2

I am running AVG. Saw in other threads that it could be a problem so I turned to the "email scanner" and Disabled plugins. That worked and I can now access my mail but what do I do for virus protection? What does "disabled plugins mean?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Enable AVG's email scanning features, and make sure it is not blocking your e-mail server.

4. thejaguar

thejaguar Private E-2

I don't know what I did. But some how fumbling around in tha AVG control panel I got it to work. I ended up pressing "defult" as often as I could and now it all works and AVG says that email protection works. Cool.

Have had many problems solved by you people by just reading the forum. This was the first time I had to post.
    Thanks.

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Welcome to Magor Geeks. I switched from AVG to AVAST about 3 months ago. I has a similar problem before and had to mess around with the configuration, much like yourself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds