Bad Video Card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jerkyking, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I'm trying to help my wife's friend with her PC, it was built by her father who lives about a 1000 miles away... Aahh, the Navy Life.

MOBO ABIT NF7-S2
    AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    VIDEO: GeForce FX 5200 (AGP), {MOBO has no onbd cap}
    512M Corsar Value Select
    80 GB Samsung HD
    BIOS Phoenix-Award V6.0

Booting normally we get a Blue Screen stating a problem was caused by the following NV4_disp.... device driver stuck in and infinite loop... probally caused by the device itself. I suspect NV4 file is Nvidia

I've run several Utilities from a Ultimate Boot CD and everything has passed.

System comes up in Safe and I have updated the Nvidia drivers. I pulled the card out and man... that thing was hot.

I have an AGP FX 5200 in my machine but I'm hesitant to try it in hers.

Thanks

2. Warcat14

Warcat14 Private E-2

Well, if there is a fan on it, does it even work? or is it a heatsink?.
    and you could try that card on your computer, instead of your card in the others!!
    If it has the same error, then the card is mostly dead!!

3. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

You change other fan with over 3500mpr for your VGA card, mod heatsink again may be it will be better. :D

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Bargain Basement Cards... No Fans on em. I just tried using my PC as parts and had a good scare so no more of that. I need mine too much for that.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Download and run driver cleaner pro available here at MG follow the instructions in the readme to the letter.

;)

6. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Rikky :D You Da Man. Driver Cleaner Pro worked Great !

Thanks !

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds