Call Of Duty error while starting up

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Jul 3, 2005.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

ok i will post step by step of how this happens

1. I insert the CoD disk 1 in my liteon cd-rw
    2. i duble left click on the CoD desktop icon for single player
    3. i get the little CoD window in middle of screen
    4. i get a error that says well i will post pic of it

PC Spec's

ASUS P4S8X-X
    P4 Celeron2.0 running at 2.7ghz
    ATI9200 128mb
    win 98se
    sony 16x dvd-rom
    Liteon 52x32x52x cd-rw
    WD 40gig hdd

Attached Files:

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

COD is one of my favorites, I need to reload it.

Was COD previously installed and run okay on your machine? Trouble loading anyother games.

You may need to un-install and reload it. I ran into that after ending up with too many MOD and downloads affecting the file.

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Use your dvdrom, will work better than a cdrw drive.

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i tryed the dvd-rom and i get a nother error "CoD has done a illegal Opi and so on and so forth 98se always gives this error at one point or another i uninstalled the game and gonna try installing it again and i will post what i get

5. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

When you put the cdrom in the optical drive, instead of double clicking on the destop icon of CoD let the cd auto start. It will take a few seconds and one of the options on the splash screen will be to continue the game.

Try that. I had a roughly similar prob but doing it this way CoD seemed to load fine

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds