How do I fix my corrupted driver files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by FreezyBlack, Jul 3, 2005.

1. FreezyBlack

FreezyBlack Private E-2

I have surewest DSL and it wasnt working for a while...but then it worked on my laptop but not on my desktop. Everytime I repair the connection it would say something like "error renewing your IP address". And the IP address is set automatically. I got technical help from the DSL company but they told me my driver files are corrupted and I have to change them. Any idea on how to do that??

2. robdude

robdude Private E-2

sometimes you have to do what you dont want too.
    best advice would be remove everything or uninstall everthing to do with your connection.
    then freshly reinstall the whole package as you did when you did your first install.
    if that fails and scan disk does not repair the problem the problem may lay with windows xp.
    let us know how you get on.
    rob

3. Mushroomcloud

Mushroomcloud Private E-2

Go to control panel, hit system, and delete the offending driver. Windows will auto detect it on reboot, and start the process for reloading a new driver. You may need the disk that came with the product.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds