Ad Aware Se isnt working!

Discussion in 'Software' started by GStam66, Jul 3, 2005.

1. GStam66

GStam66 Private First Class

I downloaded it, installed it, and every time i try to start it up, it keeps on saying "There is no disk in the drive"! Of course there isnt! I downloaded it!

No matter how many times i hit "continue", "cancel", or "try again", i get the same message, and i wind up closing the program.

Because AdAwareSe isnt working, im stuck using AdAware 6.

Please help!

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Have you tried re-installing it?

controlmind

3. GStam66

yup, i downloaded it from 3 different sites, and each time, i uninstalled and reinstalled about twice... So I tried about 6 times.

I had the same problem with Spybot, every few files it scanned, i got a dialogue box telling me "there is no disk in the drive". But AdAwareSe wont even start before giving me that crap.

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

6. GStam66

jerkyking, all three problems arent related. I got some help and fixed my disk cleanup problem (which started about 2 weeks ago), the adaware problem is only with adaware SE, adaware 6 works perfectly, and the toolbar appeared about a week ago.

i got the other 2 problems fixed already, the only one left is the toolbar.

wait, cant i just copy adaware SE to a disk, and use the disk when i want to scan my computer?

7. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I doubt that copying the AdAware SE file to floppy and running it to scan your computer will work. This is a Windows program and installs registry keys and such, necessary for running. Hope this helps! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds