internet logs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostinjapan, Jul 4, 2005.

1. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

hi, i alreadt posted a problem regarding memory problems i have with my computer and received some kind advice.

one of those pieces of advice was to use Sequoia View to try and assess what the state of my c drive was......well, it looks like about 30% of the drive is taken up with files of this form:

c\windows\internet logs\zlclient-2nd (a DATE).dmp.zip

i only have about 500mb of memory left...(that`s tiny, right?) and don`t know what to do....does anyone understand the above file type and is it something i can delete or uninstall somehow.
    any advice in simple terms would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

I think these logs are generated by Zone Alarm firewall.If not try CCleaner as it can clean most log files,don't know about zips though,this link-
    http://www.ccleaner.com/

3. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

thanks, tried that but doesn`t clear the problem. thanks anyway.
    anybody else know?

4. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Just go and manually delete the files. Only the ones currently in use will be unable to be deleted. Deleting log files will not harm your computer in any way

5. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

wow....i did just that and have saved about 4gb of memory.....huge difference...thanks......but out of curiosity...

1. what are internet logs?

2. should we be deleting them periodically just like temp.internet files? (this is the first time i have heard of them)

thanks to everyone for your help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds