GTA SA PS2 to PC adapter

Discussion in 'Software' started by dastga, Jul 5, 2005.

1. dastga

dastga Private E-2

Hey guys! :)
    I recieved my "Super Dual Box" today and it works fine.
    The problem is... when I tried to change the PC controls in GTA SA the same way they're configured in the PS2 version I noticed that it won't respond to the directional buttons nor the analog controls. All buttons works fine.
    Thanks in advance..

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

yeah remember when i helped you unpack it and we were laughing and telling that great joke then chugged down that beer and watched the game with the rest of the forum?...

yeah I don't remember neither, read the announcement, fill in the missing blanks, give more details, this is basic....

3. dastga

dastga Private E-2

Anyone? :)

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

like the other person said you need to give us more details we are not mind readers

5. dastga

dastga Private E-2

:rolleyes:
    I have an "Super Dual Box" which is an PS2 to PC-adapter Ie it will let you connect PSX or PS2 gamepad to your USB port on your PC.
    I play a game that's called GTA San Andreas on my PC.
    Windows says the gamepad is working fine.
    I want to redefine the buttons in GTA so that they match the ones on the PS2 version ie I don't want "Y" to be the button/key for positive response in the game, besides a gamepad does not have a "Y" key. The button for this in the PS2 version is by pressing right on the digital directional buttons. When I try to make this the new button for this action, the game doesn't respond.

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I'd guess it's one of 2 problems. 1) GTA:SA on the PS2 probably has some slight differences in the controls. (changed by the programmers during the port) 2) It's a problem with the drivers. In my experience, things like the "Super Dual Box", don't usually have very full featured drivers. Some of the functionality of the controller may be missing, or may not work correctly on the PC, since it was made for the PlayStation.

My guess is there is probably not much you can do.

I take that back. There is one thing you could do. Contact the company that makes this "Super Dual Box" and see what they have to say.

7. morphix

morphix Private E-2

i got a PS2 Controller to USb Adapter a few weeks ago.. mainly for GTA SA.. my drivers offer the normal "control pad", etc, etc options in gamepad options for windows.. and there is also other options..my control works with all buttons (the POV (digital directional pad)buttons and analog also) only problem i have is havin the same button on multiple functions.. i press the button and it re-assigns it.. removin it from its previous place.. (like havin the same button for different things in the game like responding positively and also with alternate fire, etc, etc) my recommendation is for you to look for more advanced options drivers for your "box" .. can you give us any info on its brand and model?

8. dastga

dastga Private E-2

Thanks for your help!
    It's called "Super Dual Box" and it's created by MayFlash.. It's a HID device and therefore doesn't need drivers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds