copyriht disks.

Discussion in 'Software' started by UKARMYCADET, Jul 6, 2005.

1. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

hi back with another question...

as (if you have read my fouums) you know im 14 and i want to lern things all the time.

well my next question is this. if i burn data onto a disk lets say videos. how can i make it so if i lend it to a freind they cannot copy it? but is there a way
    i can later copy the disk back onto my hd, for example it asks for a password if a person trys to copy it,

i know the question is a bit random

please write back.

thanks UKARMYCADET

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You can't do it. Publishers have been speeding millions to try to develope copy protection that works. No such thing exsists. If they can read/view/see it then you can rest assured they can copy it.

3. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

thank you. well is there a anti copying thing that can be done with alcohol 120%. but i will just hope people dont use it.

thanks UKARMYCADET

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

5. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

I was a little unclear before. There are of course copy protection methods. There just isn't a single one that works if the user you're giving it to know what they are doing. Basic to moderate computer skills is all that's needed to get past any of the current copy protection methods. Most programs like cloneCD will jsut do it for you as well and no action is required on the users end beside using the program.

6. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

thank you. for that reply. i know that is true what you said but i didnt know there wasnt any more methods.

thanks UKARMYCADET

7. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

As coco said, if they can see the data on the disk, you can't stop them from copying it.

8. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

ok thanks. if was just i was just wondering.

cya UKARMYCADET

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds