First attempt at Audio Streaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by therealsuperal, Jul 6, 2005.

1. therealsuperal

therealsuperal Private E-2

I have had my first go at audio streaming. I recorded a couple of talks using Audacity, which I then converted to MP3 (using LAME). I uploaded these to my website, & gave people the option of downloading the file (using a direct link to the MP3 file.) I also gave the opportunity of listening online using an M3U file. My first attempt (talk 1) worked fine, but when I set up the second one (identically as far as I can see), though it works fine on download, when I try to listen online, I get an error message from Windows Media Player (''Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available.'')

Any suggestions? As far as I can tell there is no difference between the set up of the two talks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds