Monitor shuts down during end of boot sequence

Discussion in 'Software' started by sanjacguy, Jul 6, 2005.

1. sanjacguy

sanjacguy Private E-2

Ok - I'm a professional tech and figured I'd throw this one around to see if you guys could help.

Here's the situation: Inspiron 2600 Laptop, 128 MB RAM, intel celeron processor. This PC is going thru the normal boot sequence and is loading windows - when it has finished the POST and bootstrap, and has loaded most of the windows drivers, the monitor stops working until I press the Fn-F8 (which is the CRT/LCD button).

I have run AdAware and cleaned the system - I'm running trendmicro right now and have yet to pick up any Malware. My idea is to probably wipe the system and reinstall windows. :mad:

Thanks in advance

2. sanjacguy

sanjacguy Private E-2

Well, it was something in the settings - so I copied the default user settings (less the documents) to the administrator and it cleared it right up. :D

Later all!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds