Startup Inspector Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by ::: DM :::, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ::: DM :::

::: DM ::: Private E-2

Ok, I have installed Startup Inspector but am experiencing a problem.

When I load it up and remove/disable 'QuickTime Task' from my StartUp and then go to Apply it pops up with an error box saying:

'Failed to set data for 'Zone Labs Client''

But I don't understand because I don't even do anything with the Zone Alarm software. I leave it on StartUp. So I don't know what's going on.

Help please.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Strange I just installed this app again to test your problem out as sometimes their are bugs in software.... once installed I clicked on Quicktime to remove the annoyance and I was greated by a similar message as you.. but mine was a "Failed to set data for xxxxxx.msi"

so I closed the app down and rebooted and click QT again and no errors... Have you rebooted?

3. ::: DM :::

Rebooted. Tried again. Same error message...

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

uninstall and re-install

5. ::: DM :::

I reinstalled it but got the same problem. So I disabled and then enabled Zone Alarm and then removed QuickTime Task and success!

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds