No admin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by problemswithvaio, Jul 6, 2005.

1. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

I'm logged in as an admin, yet XP is telling me I do not have access to these, you have to be admin to get to them. Could anyone help me with this error?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

What exactly are you trying to do? What files are you hunting down?

3. problemswithvaio

not anything specifically, but when I go to install a program i can't, because it says I need to be admin.

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You're going to have to be a little clearer. Exactly what are you doing?

In your first post you said you don't have "access to these". What is these? Being an admin isn't your problem. You'll have to give exact details on what your problem is for us to help. Odds are it's got to do with file permissions on certain files. In which case it would be important to know if you have windows XP Home or XP Pro. But we really need to know exactly what you're doing.

5. problemswithvaio

ok specific example would be steam, when I goto install steam it says "you do not have permission to install this, log in as an adminastrator and reinstall" something along those lines. I'm running xp home.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds