Master Boot Record

Discussion in 'Software' started by v6turboman, Jul 6, 2005.

1. v6turboman

v6turboman Private E-2

Not sure if this is for hardware or software forum but hardware forum hasn't worked for me,so here I am.
    I have a 200g externial hard, and I partition it into 3 sections months ago.
    Today I was looking at some files on one of the partitions and all of a sudden the drive I was examining sort of vanished. The other two drives appear fine, but this one lost its volume name and no data appears to be there. No deleting or formatting has done, but I think the partition table somehow got corrupted.
    I am running XP. The only thing I have on the drive is Mp3's & Mpeg's, no programs. I have ran a virus scan. Any advise on how to recover my partion table on this drive.

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

3. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

Disc Director Suite may help you: http://majorgeeks.com/Acronis_Disk_Director_Suite_d2889.html.
    Once I had the same problem: I lost the whole partition! :eek: I became already almost sure that I would never recover my files, then my friend advised DDS and it did it! :eek: Besides now I use DDS for partitioning HDD and it was useful for me in creating dual boot.. So it is very pretty thing and I LOVE it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds