SP2 won't install?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sleepygamer213, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

On my office computer (which has ALL windows updates needed) after automatic updates tryed to install sp2 it went through the SP2 setup wizard then said SP2 failed to install... Click OK ; (another window) SP2 is partially installed and may cause problems... Click OK... So i restarted the computer and tryed again but it said the same things.... i couldnt find what i was looking for at microsofts website...

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Have you tried disabling anti-virus and spyware programs when you are doing the install? Have you also done a virus and spyware scan just to make sure your computer is clean?

controlmind

3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Ive scanned for virii and malware and there was none (phew) but ill try disabling firewalls, spyware and virus protection during install in the morning.

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Mine Hung when I had to reload everything after I replaced a HDD (downloading from the web). Once I found the CD I had MS I send me (free) I got it installed no problem.

Are you trying via Update or CD?

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds