Max CPU my Mobo will take

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jasonmzs, Sep 30, 2005.

1. jasonmzs

jasonmzs Private E-2

Hi,

Is there anyway to find out whats the Maximum CPU (Processor Speed) my motherboard will take, other than consulting the manual.

I have a Mercury KOB-810e-TFSX MoBo with a 566 Celeron thats been overclocked to 852 Mhz. (See my post in the overclocking section :) )

I'd like to upgrade the CPU on this to the Maximum it will take.

The manual says this

This mainboard has a Socket 370 supporting FCPGA Celeron, FCPGA Pentium III and Tualatin/Tualatin Celeron processors.

Do not support PPGA Celeron processor.

Do not try to install a Socket 7 processor in the Socket-370. A Socket 7 processor such as the Pentium-MMX, or the AMD K5/K6 does not fit in the Socket 370. Do not try to install PPGA Celeron processor in Socket-370.

The following list notes the processors that are currently supported by this mainboard.
    FCPGA Celeron: 300~700 MHz, FSB: 66 MHz
    FCPGA Pentium III: 500~1130MHz, FSB: 100MHz, 133MHz
    Tualatin/Tualatin Celeron: up to 1.2GHz, FSB: 100MHz

But the last time I got a 1.1 Ghz Intel and Fitted it, it didnt work.
    Any software that will determine the max processor it will take?
    Pls advise.

Jason

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

"1.1 Ghz Intel"

that might've been a tualitin core P3, when the mobo only supports coppermine p3s(just a theory I don't know for sure.) You can check mercuries website for more details.

Also, weird things like that can happen when you overclock.

...but you're better off just replacing your whole system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds