DSL Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ncc1701dhhr, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ncc1701dhhr

ncc1701dhhr Private First Class

Well finaly got my mom to go with DSL and dump dial up,when I first set it up I put the filters on every Phone and set up the modem, It logged on but PPPoE Failed the first time , So I re set the modem and tried again this time it connected and test showed all was working, said to close the Browser and re-open I did, But it say's page not avalible! It say's this to any www type address -but if i type in an (dont know the correct name for it) numeric address IE:172.150.0.1 (As a nonsence example) the broser will show the page as normal but as soon as I put in say---majorgeeks.com ---shows page not found there support site has not helped much after a few different attemts they suggested it was my computer at fault,Ok it was possable so I nuked and paved now at my house I re install win XP home and all works well with my cable hook up and I think ok good do all up dates and take it back to mom and -----yup same exact problem!!! any Ideas or what to look for?? it is an HP with 1 gig ram and windows home (not H.P.) just winXP.
    I know this is long and you prob need more info if you tell me what you need I'll get it :rolleyes: Thanks for any help you can give

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Hopefully you did not put the Filter on the DSL Modem Line.

You might have a PPPOE software problem.

If you want Good solid DSL, you should consider buying a Cable/DSL Router.

Link to: DSL Routers and PPPOE.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds