DVD Drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kgrind11, Oct 3, 2005.

1. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

i just bought a cyberpower system and everything seems to work fine, but my pc will not play any DVDs, nor rip CDs to the hard drive. I believe i might need a different driver but i am clueless to which one.

Sony DVD RW DW-Q28A

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

are you sure you have the correct codecs installed?

the windows drivers should be good enough, but what exactly does it do when you put the CD in the drive?

3. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

4. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

autoplay runs fine and recognizes the disc, but any for any dvd, it wont play after pressing play. for instance, the chappelle dvd plays the splash screen, then stops. plus, for ripping, it goes unbelievably slow now. confused

5. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

what programs are you using? I use ace mega codec pack, that includes everything you need to play and much much more, it's really overkill.

6. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

unfortunately i was trying to use media player, power DVD, and realplayer. i have memory of them working once in a while, but all of them are unsuccessful. what about this ace mega pack?

7. earlthemailman

earlthemailman Corporal

Update your firmware! It solves everthing! I had your problem, and that fixed it.

8. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

where can i find firmware for this thang, still having trouble.....wont play cds or anything. strugglin...

9. Prophets21

10. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

problem seems to be solved. thank you very much for all of your help!!!

11. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

,........but in essence its not. it has trouble reading regular CDs and CD-ROMs. is there another upgrade necessary for this type of playback?

12. Prophets21

no it will be able to read cd-roms.

13. kgrind11

kgrind11 Private E-2

everytime i put in a purchased, burned, or any other cd, the player i use to open the file freezes. no media player works. strugglin so hard right now....

14. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Go to sony's web site or contact their support and ask them about it or you may need to get another dvd player.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds