Doesn't seem worth it...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jerkyking, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Reviews are reviews and one persons viewpoint, which in 50% of case you can take with pinch of salt as they mean jack diddly squat, to your own perception of wether a product is good or not.

Only plus to that cooler ( and why it may have scored high in the reviewers opinion) is that its silent and cools only slightly worse than a stock fan setup ( with not what you'd call a big overclock .05mhz, hardley worth doing ) , depends on wether thats what you want or not, but its doesnt look much of an indepth review tho and their are much better solutions to cooling your pc than that one, score of 9 IMhumbleO was way way off maybe 5* would have been realistic.

*can take my score with said pinch of salt also as its my only my interpretation

3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

For $300 bucks I could buy some pretty good ear phones, speakers or a few thousand ear plugs. That's a big pinch of salt to take!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sorry it took so long to post back I had to pick myself up of the floor!! after seeing the price, thought they were as they ONLY mentioned the Koolance price, pitching this as a cheap option,

Reviewer is also into time travel or someone stole October and I want it back
    ;)

I like you would certainly not spend whats the equivelent of £250-ish on no lower temps than stock cooling no matter if its was silent, would rather go for one of Zalmans quieter HSF solutions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds