Radeon 9800 Pro Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kibble, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Kibble

Kibble Private First Class

Hey all,

Recently, I have been getting all sorts of graphic glitches with my computer. I will be playing any game, like WoW or NWN, and it will randomly lock up and boot me to desktop, giving me a message that "VPU recover has just saved you from a computer lockup because of driver failure" or something to that effect.

Now, I formatted my computer yesterday in an attempt to fix this problem, and it is still happening. I am using the latest ATI official drivers, and I'm on a clean HD. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any diagnostic programs I can run that will check my graphic card's physical working ablility. I was looking for a while on a couple sites, but I couldn't find any programs that test your VPU or anything like that, or if anyone has any other suggestions as to what it might be, that would be great too :D

Thanks in advance :D

--Kibb

2. Kibble

Kibble Private First Class

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I am running the latest Catalyst drivers from the official ATI page, plus the latest DirectX (9.0c). I am on a clean HD, so those ATI drivers are the only ones running, so there are no conflicting drivers on my system that could give me a problem.

--Kibb

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds