MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern New Jersey USA
Thanked 6,742 Times in 3,518 Posts
Running Ewido Anti-Malware
Download this trial version of Ewido Anti-Malware
Be patient while waiting for the scan to complete. It would be best to not do anything else while scanning as it would only slow down the scan and could potentially interfere with some aspects of the scan.
- If you have CCleaner installed ( from the READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support thread) then run it before continuing. Otherwise use Internet Explorer's Tools menu, Internet Options, General tab, and select Delete Cookies. This will make the Ewido scan faster and the log smaller.
- Also for you Norton/Symantec users, if you use the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, you should first empty it to avoid getting monster size log that cannot be posted. Use the procedure in this link: Emptying the Norton Protected Recycle Bin
- Install Ewido Anti-Malware
- Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
- Now update Ewido to the latest definition files.
If you have any problems with the updater, you can use the below link to manually update Ewido
- On the top of the main screen click Shield
- Click the word active to change it to inactive
- On the top of the main screen click Update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
- Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
- Under "Reports"
- Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
- Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
- Now click Scanner & select the Scan tab
- Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
- If any infections are found you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
- Once finished, click the Save report button, then click Save Report As and save it to your desktop or someplace else that you know you will be able to find it later to upload here as an attachment.
After the the scan has completed and you have saved your log. Reboot your PC!
Now post the Ewido log as an attachment to the thread where your problem is being worked.
by chaslang 10/17/2006
Last edited by chaslang; 10-17-06 at 00:45..