wireless internal nic card not detecting network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NoRuff, Oct 5, 2005.

1. NoRuff

NoRuff Private E-2

ok, so, my dad just bought this laptop, its etails are:

averatec 6200 series
    mobile amd athlon 2400+ 666mhz
    480 mb ram
    display adapter sis m741
    cd/dvd rw combo
    802.11g mini PCI wireless network adapter (problem component)

we have a wireless network set up at my house and we are trying to get the internal nic to work, but the nic isnt detecting the network. i inserted a pci card which is what i am using to connect to the site on the laptop, there are no problems occuring with the external card.

im curious if some one can guide me through steps to fir figuring out what the problem is and or what i need to do to get it to connect to the network.

PS also i set my network to accept all computers to make sure that wasnt causing the card to have problems connecting.

if you need any more explanation, i will try my best to help you guys out to help me.

thnx noruff

2. NoRuff

NoRuff Private E-2

anyone?

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Is the router using WEP or WPA? Also are you using any type of MAC filtering on the router?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds