Wireless network and burglar alarm coinciding??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcadam, Oct 6, 2005.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Is this possible?
    Had our burglar alarm fitted today and suddenly the wireless is playing up and won't connect.
    Have tried changing the frequency but still no luck, it was working fine yesterday and suddenly it won't connect now unless I use a cat5e cable to connect directly to it.
    Any ideas?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I have yet to own a wireless network but a few things I am sure of,the infared sensors will not affect a radio signal of your wireless,if you have dsl and you have an alarm that is connected to the phoneline to alert you when it goes of this can effect your dsl signal.

I would troubleshoot your wireless devices,try sending files ect,check the connection properties in device manager and your firwall settings,theres a chance soimething may have been reset as they would have had to disconnect the ac to hook up your alarm,as I have learned by experience flicking your ac main switch off and on again while your comp is plugged in is a great way to fry a pc,the one time I did it I lost HD and sound card :(

edit Does your wireless equipment have a hard reset switch you could try,do you have your instructions handy on how to set it up as if it was new?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds