add printer to wireless network that includes pc and mac

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by walsh7, Oct 7, 2005.

1. walsh7

walsh7 Private E-2

I currently have a wireless network that includes a pc running windows xp that is hooked up to a modem and wireless router. I also have a mac powerbook that uses the internet wirelessly off that router. The printer, hp 8150 is connected to the pc through usb ports. What can I do to enable the powerbook to print wirelessly from the hp 8150. Any help would be appreciated

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Share it over the network on the PC, and install the printer drivers on the Mac.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=397810&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ps-31553-2

Thats your first step.

Then go to printer setup utility under applications/utilities, click add. Then choose more printers, then Windows printing from the drop down box and the rest should be self explanatory, choose your workgroup, etc etc.

This assumes the PB is running OS X 10.4.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Screenie 1

Attached Files:

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Screenie 2:

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds