is there something wrong with dell fans?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PitKinNQ, Oct 7, 2005.

1. PitKinNQ

PitKinNQ Private E-2

i purchased a dell dimension 3000 couple months ago, but my fan gets really loud, loud enough so that i can hear it upstairs!! i called dell couple times and all they did was send a tech to replace fan with a new one. but the problem is still there. they reaplced the fans twice!!
    i dont feel like calling them again to get my fan replaced again
    plz help me with my problem!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Is the fan loud all the time or are you running a program/software/game at the time?

Alot of CPU fans, do tend to when under a load start to run quicker ( higher RPM ) than when idle, if the PC is idle at the time then it sounds like to me the fan is running at full speed constantly.

We have DELLs at work and they are fairly quiet Optiplex GX380s or something similar, Intel 3ghz cpus, can only at present think either they have bad batch of HSF fans in your locality or they have hooked it up wrong, by that I mean to the PSU molex cables rather than the motherboard HSF header.

3. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

You can use some softs to adjust fan speed like speedfan, ... but you have to pay attention to tÂș of computer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds