ASUS GEForce 7800 GTX won't play movie files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eddie Dean, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Private E-2

As the title says. It is all running perfectly apart from playing movies in a slow motion type way. Sound is coming through etc.. I have asked in the shop I bought this and they advised me that ASUS were aware and there was a patch. Did that. No good.

Running ASUS Sli Premium motherboard and the above Graphics card.

Any ideas??

Cheers.. :confused:

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

3. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

k, i'm not 100% sure but... i also got a ASUS Sli Premium mobo, and b4 i got it i did alot of reading on it..

when it comes to a media mobo to make and play movies with alot of options... honestly this isn't the mobo 4 you.. its not a work station mobo at all... but it is a great mobo for wut i want it to do its more then perfect

i am sure this didn't help lol, but if you just d/led a movie.. or your tryin to watch a movie that wasn't made by "you". Ect,

take a look at "matroska pack" or just the newest kazzalite codecpack

other then that. you might wanna see wut kinda programs your running while tryin to watch the movie and wait for asus you get you a real answer

4. skiddyrow

skiddyrow Private E-2

if the movies you are watching are the divx / xvid variety then a newer codec might be the answer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds