Wireless router help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guest1234, Oct 8, 2005.

1. guest1234

guest1234 Private E-2

Some questions

1) When setting a static IP, do I set it with the modem plugged in or when the router is plugged in?

2) When setting a static IP, do I put in the IP, submask, gateway, DNS of the router or the modem?

3) When inputting the settings for the router using the setup CD that came with it, do I input the settings of the router or the modem?

I have a Linksys WRT54G, I made a static IP for the modem then plugged in my router and used the CD setup and did all that but when it tests connection, it says it can't connect to the internet and try turning off/on the modem, I did that but it still doesn't work. The router worked for 2 days but then it got disconnected again. Thx for any help.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

You can not make your external Static IP.

If your account is Dynamic you must set it so.

If you have a Static IP account your ISP would give you an IP assigned specifically for you.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds