HElp Seting up decks to pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rickwood, Oct 11, 2005.

1. rickwood

rickwood Private E-2

Hi dose any1 know how to set up my decks to my pc i have :confused: am sure u can do it

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

3. skiddyrow

skiddyrow Private E-2

by decks im assuming you mean vinyl. in case you want to transfer your vinyl to the computer, you will need to connect it to a mixer or an amplifier with a phono preamp. The outputs of the amp or mixer will connect to the line in of your soundcard. Now yo can select line in in the recording properties of your soundcard and you are ready to record into a program such as soundforge. If you are planning on recording a mix, hook both your decks to the mixer and connect the output of the mixer to the line in. note that the output of a vinyl deck needs to be connected only to a phono preamp (all dj mixers have them but only some amplifiers do)

4. rickwood

rickwood Private E-2

Cheers I try that 2moz and let ya know how i get on ;)

5. rickwood

rickwood Private E-2

I ve Got soundforge now can i just record on that then burn it stright to a cd or do i have to change the file type

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

You will need to plug the input jack (probably mini-jack) into an input port, not a speaker port as this is output.

You can record with most recording software, and yes if the filetype is mp3, wav or other known file types then you can burn it straight to cd.

7. rickwood

rickwood Private E-2

How do i make in to a wav file

8. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Whatever you're using to record it to, select wav as the save filetype, if available that is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds