MP3 file transfer question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by hsthompson, Oct 22, 2005.

1. hsthompson

hsthompson Private First Class

Just bought a Creative MuVo TXFM digital player. I'm trying to transfer my i-tunes files over to it. Its supposed to play wam files and everything else. Read the directions and hell if i can figure it out! I just can't figure out what to do. I create new file on desktop and copy song from i-tunes and paste into new file then try to import that file to Creative's music manager but does not work. It has copied tracks ripped from cd's though but i want the ones i paid for from i-tunes. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The ones you bought from iTunes are in a DRM-protected AAC format. These can only be played on an iPod and in iTunes. The tracks you ripped with iTunes have no DRM restrictions, and can be used in any player that supports AAC playback. JHymn http://www.hymn-project.org/ will remove the DRM restrictions form the iTunes Store songs, or even convert them to MP3 format if your player doesn't support unprotected AAC playback.

3. hsthompson

hsthompson Private First Class

I did manage to pull songs from a cd that i made from songs that i paid for from iTunes. Would this be the same case?

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The only difference is if you remove the DRM from the original iTunes store song, you can convert it, burn it and move it anywhere without Apple's restrictions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds