BIOS Password? for Dell latitude D600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonuwine, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonuwine

jonuwine Private E-2

Hi all,

Thanks for reading my post, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was hoping someone could help get the BIOS password for the dell d600.

I was told by a few techies that if I were to post the

computer system #FFCGR61-595B

service tag ffcgr61

Express Service code 33579664777

that someone would be able to retrieve the BIOS password that i need to boot this laptop.

I'm having a difficult time removing the casing in order to remove the cmos battery and I'm afraid i'll cause some damage before i get any results..

So please, whoever out there knows how to retrieve such information dont hesitate to reply to this post, it would be grweatly appreciated, if you want to keep your identity discreet , email me at klako@videotron.ca

Thanks in advance.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Removing the cmos battery does NOT do anything on a laptop, only on desktops.

This is by design and is a safety measure.

I could give you the common Dell backdoor password, but why can't you contact either Dell or the previous owner?

3. jonuwine

jonuwine Private E-2

Just trying to help a friend of mine who bought it recenlty from someone, he was surprised when i explained to him that he bought a PC that would not load because of this.. so I'm just tryingt to help. otherwise the laptop becomes useless.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I suggest that your friend contact Dell or the previous owner.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable giving out passwords that could be used to breach security.

I'm also surprised that the techies you spoke to didn't either tell you, or advise you who to contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds