What to use for managing iRiver H320 portable device??

Discussion in 'Software' started by BennBongae, Dec 25, 2005.

1. BennBongae

BennBongae Private E-2

I bought an iRiver H320 portable storage device & multi-codec jukebox last year. I bought it because it had an FM tuner,and the price was right. It was a little bit of a struggle to rip and transfer CD's onto it, but I figured it out. That was then, I was using musicmatch 7.1, win XP OS and Win Media player 9.
    I bought a second computer, a new Dell XPS 400 it comes with media player 10 and Musicmatch 10.1 and I am very unhappy with the Musicmatch 10.1, it will not recognize my portable device unless I upgrade and purchase a subscription, the Musicmatch 10.1 turns on every time I insert a CD to be ripped or played, I would like Win Media Player to be my default player but can't turn the Musicmatch off.

Sidenote: I would stay away from Dell! This is my last Dell purchase, Dell isn't concerned with making a PC with a user-friendly OS, Dell is more interested in selling program upgrades and getting the subsequent kickbacks from Musicmatch, Mcaffee, etc.

2 Simple questions...1/should I delete Musicmatch and use win media player, or find a whole new music management program??

2/Can anyone point me to a good link that discusses the pros and cons of these types of programs?

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I believe you can use WMP10. You don't want MM10, ditch it.
    Irivium Explorer by Red Chair may be a better one if you are willing to pay a little. I use their Anapod Explorer for my iPod. http://www.redchairsoftware.com/irivium/

This is a iRiver forum I found. They seem to have lots of info and tips you might want, like how to upgrade your player to play video. http://www.misticriver.net/

3. BennBongae

BennBongae Private E-2

Just Playin' you are absolutely correct!!! Just after I posted this thread, I searched a few sites..all reviews are calling MMJB 10.1 a pain-in-the butt!!
    I removed it. That leaves me with MP10 it is also unfriendly to the iRiver player but I am getting CD's ripped and transferred to my player.

I'll check the links now, and post back later Thanks!

4. BennBongae

BennBongae Private E-2

Thx to Just Playin I have found a nice little utility program, I think it is less than one meg, maybe 600K, called TDT 3.0.7 (Tag Database Tool) it replaces the Database manager known as " iRiver AutoDB" If you own an iRiver h300 series portable device, you probably already know the "AutoDB" utility is worthless, prone to lock-ups, and slow as a turtle. The site for iRiver player help is http://www.misticriver.net/ as already mentioned by JP. I will spend the next couple of days checking it out and see if I can get my 1000 songs organized, (only a 1000 you ask??...) if iRiver had offered any support or provided updates, patches, or fixes for their software I might have had 5000 songs by now. I'll post with with my feedback, I hope this works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds