Flashing Keyboard LED's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trentw2323, Feb 6, 2006.

1. trentw2323

trentw2323 Private E-2

My computer has worked fine for almost 2 years. Now when i boot the machine, the lights on the keyboard (caps lock, numberlock, scroll lock) all flash. Windows will still bootup but the keyboard keeps flashing and the mouse will not work. I have tried using a different keyboard and mouse that i know are good and i tried resetting the cmos but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with this machine?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Usually the keyboard lights will flash the POST codes on some computers. Is this a PS/2 or USB keyboard, or wireless?

3. trentw2323

trentw2323 Private E-2

It is a ps2 keyboard. All of the lights flash at the same time and dont stop. The machine will boot windows fine, but the lights on the keyboard keep flashing and and the keyboard and mouse do not function.

4. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I don't recall what MB it was but sometime back I had a macine do that and it was the BIOS way of getting your attention to let you know there was something wrong ie. bad fan, hot cpu, hardware conflict etc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds