~~SLI Question~~

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by *WavyGravy*, Feb 7, 2006.

1. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Hey Peeps, I have a 6600gt and am thinking about getting a second 6600gt to help out using SLI, would it be worth it to buy an extra 6600gt or just save my money and grab a single 7800?

Also, does the brand name matter? Like i mean my 6600gt is a chaintech brand, but will it be compatible with a eGeforce6600gt using SLI?

Thanks for any help provided..

*Wavy*

2. theguy

theguy Private E-2

You would get better performance with a single 7800 than with 2 6600gts, but if you're short on money you could just get the 2nd 6600gt.

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I second that...

4. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Thanks for the info, so a 7800 is better than 2x 6600gts. How about the 6 series 6800gt( its much cheaper:) )will it run at better performance than 2x 6600gt's?

How about the Brand question? Will a chaintech 6600gt be compatible with a egeforce6600gt in SLI?

Thanks for the quick responses guys:)

*WavyGravy*

5. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

A single 7800 is better than 2 6600gt. In order to run sli you need two of the exact same card including brand...

6. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Thanks for the info man. Will a 6800gt run at higher performance than 2x 6600gts in SLI?

*Wavy*

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

well, it has 2x the pixel pipes (16 compared to 8 on the 6600gt) so i think it would be close....the only difference would be the amount of video ram you would/could have. plus, u can always SLI that 6800gt in the future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds