Websense

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bustergut, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Bustergut

Bustergut Private E-2

Is there any way to set up Websense such that users have a specified number of hours available to them to surf the internet per week ? Quota time doesn't seem to do what I want.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Websense merely detects the presence of a DHCP server and the presence of a cat5 cable. It doesn't stop anyone from getting on the net.

Most routers allows you to schedule allowed internet access times. Maybe that would be more suited for you.

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If you use a Linksys WRT54G router you can get a modified firmware from DD-WRT that will give most people more options than they know what to do with. I run it on a router at my church and it works very well. I don't restrict times or anything but I know the options are there.

If your wanting to restrict wireless users specifically then I might suggest using an old computer and the LessNetworks hotspot software. It requires users to register to use your AP and also requires them to re-logon every 2 hours which discourages large downloads and long term connections.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds