Laptop won't wake up after standby mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Patches, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Patches

Patches Private E-2

Hi,
    I'm new here, but I've got a laptop that just won't wake up. It's IBM thinkpad i series 1200 and I've put it in standby mode before without any problems. Now it does nothing. Tried to turn it off by holding power button down - nothing. Tried the trouble shooting things in manual - waste of time. So there it sits in standby and will do absolutely nothing. HELP! :eek: Anyone with any ideas - please send them right away. Thanks in advance.

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

If you unplug the machine and remove the battery it should terminate the standby mode. Wait a minute and replace the battery and try powering it up.

3. Patches

Patches Private E-2

Hi,
    I tried that and still nothing happens, but I will try it again and leave the battery out longer and see what happens. Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know what happens. :)
    Thanks
    Patches

4. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

Suppose it did not properly get into standby and just fully discharged the battery? Try charging the battery for a few hours and see what happens.

5. HuntingWolf

HuntingWolf Private E-2

Try draining the battery. Just let it sit there, I know it sucks, then charge it up to full. Try it again.

6. Patches

Patches Private E-2

Hey
    Thanks everybody!! i drained the battery and then removed it and waited a while - like 5 minuties or so and replaced it and BANG it all worked again!!!!!
    So thanks you guys - much appreciatiated advice. Thanks again!!!!
    Patches

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds